- Our very first edition of the Ponkapoag Newsletter has been published!
- Spring 2022 Work Party Dates have been announced:
- April 30th (Saturday / Volunteer Appreciation Event)
- May 22nd (Sunday)
- June 12th (Sunday)
- June 25th (Saturday / Opening Day 1)
- June 26th (Sunday / Opening Day 2)
- To learn how to make a reservation, go to the Reservations page.
AMC’s Ponkapoag Camp, a purposefully rustic campground located in Greater Boston, will foster a deep connection to nature for the region’s diverse population.
Our mission at the AMC Ponkapoag Camp is to create:
- Direct experiences with nature on a personal level
- An inclusive community through affordability, outreach and accessibility
- Environmental stewardship and advocacy for nature generally and the Blue Hills Reservation in particular
- Connection to and promotion of the values of the AMC
We aim to provide a transformational experience that encourages campers to become volunteers and advocates for themselves, their community, and the natural world.
The best of both worlds! Spread along the banks of a 230-acre Ponkapoag Pond in the 8,500-acre DCR Blue Hills Reservation. The camp offers a wilderness experience just 15 minutes from Boston. Here you’ll enjoy a rustic environment, be able to help preserve this critical area, and have the chance to volunteer to keep the Ponkapoag spirit alive!